It is more important than ever for land and property owners and developers to get involved in the plan making process if they are to develop robust investment strategies, to protect their long term interests, and to maximise asset values.
We act for a wide range of clients to secure beneficial land allocations in development plan documents, and also to attempt to influence policy to a client’s medium and longer term advantage.
Before a development plan document is adopted by a local planning authority they are the subject of an examination by an independent planning inspector whose role is to assess whether the plan has been prepared in accordance with the Duty to Cooperate, legal and procedural requirements, and whether it is sound.
Our land promotion services include:
• Advice on whether a development plan has been positively prepared, it is justified, effective and consistent with national policy;
• Site specific representations to emerging development plans which promote the merits of client’s land;
• Representations to other planning policy documents that seek to ensure spatial strategies are favourable towards development on client’s land;
• Representations to Sustainability Appraisals (SA) to ensure assessments of the social, economic and environmental effects of a development plan document are robust;
• Coordination of conceptual masterplans or indicative land use frameworks to establish development parameters on individual sites;
• Preparation of development briefs or advocacy documents to promote schemes and engage in consultation with local authorities, statutory consultees and the public;
• Examination statements - preparation of written evidence; and,
• Examination attendance - provision of verbal evidence at examination hearing sessions.