Master Planning and Development Briefs
Sanderson Weatherall’s Planning Department is experienced in working within multi-disciplinary teams in master planning sites and preparing development briefs. This can relate to sites that are being promoted through the plan-making process or sites that are already earmarked for development by either allocation or planning permission. This work is therefore done on behalf of both private sector clients and local planning authorities.
Planning and Development Services include:
• Coordinating the work of other technical specialists – defining the requirements in terms of consultants, editing any technical assessments undertaken to inform the proposals and communicating the constraints and opportunities to the entire design team; • Identification of key planning policies to inform development concepts and parameters;
• Evaluation of relevant design guidance against national policy to inform the design team;
• Identification of key master plan parameters such as local authority open space standards, car parking requirements and education authority pupil product ratios and the like;
• Arranging design workshops and acting as facilitators at such events; and
• Undertaking presentations at public meetings including briefings to Parish, District and County councillors.
The Planning department is flexible such it can also provide in-house design advice, if required, through Sanderson Weatherall’s Architecture Department. Alternatively we are experienced in working with external architects, master planners and urban designers in developing both conceptual visions and detailed design responses.