Planning Applications and Appeals
We are well versed in a wide range of statutory submissions to Local Planning Authorities and to the Planning Inspectorate, and regularly manage project teams to secure the necessary approvals.
We provide the following services for applications for Planning permission, reserved matters, listed building consent, advertisement consent, conservation area consent, prior approval, non-material amendments, minor material amendments, discharging of conditions and certificates of lawfulness:
• Identification of design, policy and procedural issues;
• Scope of applications and advice on content of development proposals;
• Manage the application process – timescales and delivery;
• Coordinate the entire application process – taking the lead on the strategy, defining the requirements in terms of consultants, editing their draft reports and plans and submission of application;
• Community & stakeholder engagement;
• Environmental impact assessment screening, scoping & reporting;
• Preparation of application reports – including supporting planning statements, design & access statements, heritage statements, environmental statements (ES), Green Belt justification statements, sequential assessments, statements of community involvement and section 106 heads of terms;
• Monitor application, respond to comments from statutory consultees and third parties and resolve any potential objections;
• Negotiate details and potential design changes with local planning authorities and statutory consultees;
• Review suitability of draft planning conditions;
• Assess Section 106 obligation drafting; and,
• Attend planning committee, if necessary, and present case in support of proposed development.
We also provide the following services related to our planning application capabilities:
• Variation of conditions – establish the likelihood of getting a condition varied and coordinate the preparation, submission and negotiation of applications;
• Removal of conditions – establish the likelihood of getting a condition removed and coordinate the preparation, submission and negotiation of applications;
• Advice in relation to the lawfulness of existing or proposed land uses; and,
• Advice in relation to threatened or issued enforcement.
We have extensive understanding of appeal procedures so are able to lodge appeals against refusals of planning permission, or non determination, and present cases by written representation, public hearing or public inquiry. We are able to prepare and coordinate robust appeal documents, including:
• Statements of Case;
• Proofs of Evidence; and,
• Statements of Common Ground.