Services for the claimant
We know compulsory purchase orders can be stressful for businesses and individuals.
Our dedicated team are highly skilled in acting for claimants, and will give you support and honest advice throughout the process.
The services we provide include:
- Advice on planning objections to Compulsory Purchase Orders
- Expert evidence to public enquiries
- Advice on Certificates of Alternative Development
- Acquisition of alternative premises including accommodation works
- Estimation of compensation, values, disturbance, value of goodwill
- Negotiation of Claims
- Expert evidence of Lands Tribunal
Claimants are guided on the objection process, pre scheme losses, compensation, extinguishment of business, ransom and development value, relocation, certificates of alternative use.
Claims are written, negotiated and expert evidence given in the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber). When promoting schemes for promoters, we provide the calculation of compensation budgets compliance with Circular 06/04, presentation of expert evidence at Public Inquiry, negotiation of all aspects of compensation and expert witness in the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber).